WtB better weather

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AnonymousProfile
PostSubject: WtB better weather   WtB better weather Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2019 4:34 pm
Land of Water : This Morning

Yuki yawned as he got off the train.  His posture went from standing to slouching in about ten seconds as he realized how humid the Land of Water was.  He was used to snow, ice and freezing.  This, was not that.  He had on slacks and a shirt but it was long sleeve and he was regretting every choice that had in fact lead to this point.  Sweat began to creep as the humid air swirled around him and he looked at the smaller fishing village.  He had no clue how to get around aside from getting off here and that his first report was due in a week about the Land of Water.  Though, given the circumstances Yuki was probably going to send information back that simply said “IT’S HOT HERE”.

So, Yuki tried to focus on something else.  He quickly walked with his bass and gear over each shoulder looking for a small hotel or restaurant or something.  He was hungry.  It had been a while since he had eaten.  Once he found a nice little, oh god it was outdoor seating.  Yuki wanted to throat punch a baby as he sat down, he ordered and then turned to look out over the water and started playing a song on his bass.  ”This job officially, sucks.” He said under his breath.

Last edited by Harakita Yuki on Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AnonymousProfile
PostSubject: Re: WtB better weather   WtB better weather Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2019 5:14 pm
Deimos had been, for lack of a better term, adventuring through the country for a while now, ever since that girl put the idea into his head of enjoying the moment. Seeing new things, and learning fun hobbies, such as fishing, tended to help put his mind at ease, even if just for a time. Thus, it was little surprise that the gennin was keen to try out restaurants he had not before. He was developing something of a hobby for cooking, actually, and seeing how different people prepared certain foods only furthered that hobby. It helped that he was actually quite skilled at cooking, unlike fishing and sewing, hobbies he found fun but was ultimately terrible at. Turning his head to glance at the musician, Deimos spoke. "New here? Piece of advice, its best to wear  thin, loose clothing in this kind of weather. At least, if this is hot for you." After all, Suna people tended to say it was too cold, where as Konoha people tended to say it was just right.

The unbearable heat was the reason for Deimos' dress, as well. Rather than bulky armor like he would prefer to wear, he wore a simple sleeveless vest and loose fitting pants. Despite the heat, however, he maintained his preference for wearing boots, whether because his feet did not get hot, or because the ground was too soft and wet for anything else to be comfortable. Likewise, one of his massive swords clung to his back, the reason he was on a stool rather than the chairs. He refused to part with them, after all, even though he had plunged the other into the ground quite a while ago to lean on, right between himself and Yuki. He laughed lightly at the man's obvious plight. The heat took down more shinobi than anyone cared to admit. The harshest problem of any traveler was always environment, after all. If you wandered naked into Konoha, you would be fine, but with Suna, you would be burned to death by the sun, and in Kumo, you would simply freeze to death. Most ninja had ways of circumventing this, whether small uses of chakra to increase certain bodily functions, or just equipment, it was harder for Civilians to overcome the same obstacles.

“If you are new here, and want better clothing for the climate, I can suggest a few places. They should be cheap, but somehow I doubt that is a problem.” After all, this guy had quite a fancy guitar, which seemed… more than a normal guitar. Well, either way, Deimos would be happy to help. Something about that phrasing, about helping, made something flash in his mind, a thought of long ago, but it went too quickly for him to properly grasp onto it. All that was left was a feeling of aggravation and some hollow sense of regret for what had once been. “Though, there are gennin being hired to act as tour guides, I don’t actually know how much they cost.” He hated missions like that. It was nothing about tourists or low ranking missions so much as it was that the mission itself could have been done by a civilian. It did nothing to help either the gennin, or the village. It was a horrible idea, a relic of a time where ninja were glorified whores, doing anything for just a bit of money. How ironic then, that Deimos himself looked more like a mercenary than any sort of ninja. If not for the oversized weapons, one might even assume he was a civilian.

Perhaps he was being nosey by talking to this stranger, but for some reason, he felt compelled to talk to those who seemed irritated, perhaps in an attempt to soothe their emotions, or perhaps some sadistic pleasure. At least most of the time he offered solutions instead of egging them on, so it was probably the former. The few people he DID egg on generally deserved it, for they were the ones who believed themselves invincible, or that they could win a fight with just one attack, regardless of whether or not they had tested themselves against anyone before. It was almost disturbing how much of his life revolved around fighting, but none who had that thought had ever voiced it to him.
Back to top Go down
AnonymousProfile
PostSubject: Re: WtB better weather   WtB better weather Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2019 5:56 pm
Yuki yawned as he was playing his bass and someone talked to him. He turned, misty eyed to the young man wearing. Oh god was that sleeveless vest, did he suddenly miss the worst clothing trend ever? No, no wait, that's just- Yuki stopped and stared at the massive swords on the young man's back. They did not seem to fit his frame, at all. Which begged the question how did he get them off of his back when something went wrong, or why put them on your back in the first place? Yuki had never understood that, he was an excellent swordsman himself, but most of that was the sword in his opinion. "Just, like not to be rude or anything but how do you lift swords like that? No, wait, better question, how do you survive in this heat carrying them?!" Yuki asked quizzically.

Yuki then remembered, he was in the heat. He looked at his now-damp shirt and groaned annoyed. "That and I'm pretty sure I do not need a personal tour guide barbie genin. Though if you have recommendations for appropriate clothing, I will gladly ask you where in the hell I'm supposed to go, cause I am not from anywhere resembling this nonsense." Yuki stated as pointedly as he could. Though his obnoxious voice obviously making it sound slightly condescending. That was not what he was aiming for but it really was just how his voice was. God forbid he decided to be condescending, then it was just mean.

"Since you're lugging around giant swords, what do you do if not playing tour guide barbie?" Yuki asked trying to play it off like a conversation piece rather than an information gathering one. He wanted to make sure he could get a bit in edge wise, he couldn't always pretend like he wasn't doing his job, just most of the time as far as he saw it.
Back to top Go down
AnonymousProfile
PostSubject: Re: WtB better weather   WtB better weather Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2019 6:35 pm
Deimos chuckled at the questioning of his swords. True, if they had sheathes, they would be inaccessible from his back, but given they were designed specifically for the back, mostly due to their size and weight, it was not as much a problem. True, if he was caught by surprise, it might take a moment to pull them off, but in this case, with the swords as massive as they were, he could just as likely turn around and use them as makeshift shields before using them as the swords they were meant to be. “Raw strength, honestly. They were given to me, and so it would be disrespectful to not hone my strength for their use.” As a demonstration, Deimos casually lifted the sword between the two, before placing it back down to lean on. In truth, he may have overdone it. For him, these swords may as well be kunai, for their weight was relatively light to him. He supposed it happened when someone took the idea of gaining physical strength to its absolute limit. Even he acknowledged that he had a tendency to overdo things.

“That said, yeah, there is a clothier less than a quarter mile away, specifically for travelers like yourself. As for me, I don’t tend to do much anymore, besides whatever catches my interest at the moment.” It was not stated with shame, but inwardly, he certainly felt ashamed. All this strength and he could do little but coast by, trying desperately to find some purpose beyond living second to second. Well, that was fine, so long as it led to him moving forward in some way or another. “Anyway, what brings you out this way? Obviously not the weather, unless you are a masochist. Most people who come here already know of the weather, but that makes me wonder if your visit is unplanned.” Deimos almost smirked, enjoying the slight teasing he was trying to do. Despite being socially quiet, Deimos had an eagerness to tease others. Okay, maybe there was more to that thought about being sadistic than he wanted to admit, but still, it was harmless wording!
Back to top Go down
AnonymousProfile
PostSubject: Re: WtB better weather   WtB better weather Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2019 7:04 pm
Yuki shifted his weight again as he kept playing. The young man didn't look like raw strength, and Yuki didn't have much in the way of that either, he was a lanky string. He was built for speed and maneuverability, strength wasn't one of his strong suits. He also couldn't solve most problems by forcing chakra at it like ninja did. "The trip was planned, I just didn't have much space in the way of luggage, traveling musician does not seem to pay as much as you would think. Must have to be famous before you start travelling." Yuki joked as he shifted again.

Yuki, had another voice in his head, the one from the personality of Airgetlam's current form, who was trying to get him to be more annoying. Which was the reason for some of his odd movements, but he couldn't just leave it to chance so he was most likely going to have to figure out what to do next. Clothing was probably the best think he could aim for at the moment, but it would mean most likely ditching some of his old stuff. Yuki was pretty sure that was going to be a regular thing on this lengthy mission. "Don't do much, how do you make a living then? Is living off the Land of Water that easy?" Yuki asked.
Back to top Go down
AnonymousProfile
PostSubject: Re: WtB better weather   WtB better weather Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2019 3:29 am
Deimos chuckled lightly. “I know, I don’t look like I should be this strong, but I am. I don’t even know why, to be honest.” Reasonably, one would expect someone with his level of strength to look like a bodybuilder, not a ninja with a slightly above average physique, but perhaps there was a reason for that as well… He certainly did not know, but it was a curious thought. “Still though, if it's that much of a problem for you, money isn’t too hard to come by, and music is a rare talent. Certainly not one I have.” Indeed, he could neither play an instrument, nor carry a tune. “Alternatively, if you have the skills, there are many shops hiring right now, manual labor, cooking, cleaning, anything of the sort.” Indeed, it was how he had learned which hobbies he did, or did not, enjoy. Cooking in particular had come naturally to him, as naturally as swords had when he first started practicing. Perhaps one day, he would be renowned for both his cooking and his combat skills.

At the suggestion that he lived off the land, Deimos laughed once more. “No, my father left me a decent sum of money. Enough to get by without constantly needing extra income, at least. I am stuck in a strange situation right now, so I needed the time away from such work. Though perhaps that is the problem” The last sentence was muttered to himself, but not made deliberately quite enough to be missed. He did not really care if it was heard, he was simply thinking aloud, something he did quite often. “If you don’t mind my suggestion, I would try playing in a bar for the best results. Drunkards are often generous with their money, if unknowingly.” He had worked at a few bars before, mostly as a way to interact with people, and to make sure no one did anything too stupid on their drunken trips.
Back to top Go down
AnonymousProfile
PostSubject: Re: WtB better weather   WtB better weather Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2019 3:45 pm
"Hope you kids don't try to get drunk yourselves. I've been down that road when I was around your ages and let me tell you, you do not want to go down that road." A voice echoed behind the two young men with a lighthearted chuckle. Chinatsu couldn't help but overhear the conversation that the two were having. No doubt did she just so happen to pop in when a bar was mentioned. It took her back to the days where she was rebellious and troublesome when she was young, but she was a changed woman.

Well, a little bit. Compared to before, she was a heavy drinker. Now, drinking was only a couple of times a month. Her goal was to stop drinking all together, but some habits just couldn't die. With the humidity being so high, Chinatsu only threw on a tank top, black shorts, and pink flippers to combat the heat. As per usual, her hair was tied into a lengthy ponytail. "Didn't mean to eavesdrop, I just happened to pass by and hear someone mention a bar to work in." She explained, a small smile flashed on her lips.

"That said, I know a few bars we can go to that are a little safer, environment wise. You should rather go for the more calmer drunkards than the more rowdy ones if you want your job to be more tolerable for the day." It was all thanks to her drinking ventures did she knew which bar was better to work or to drink in versus a bar that, while could provided a lot of entertainment as a customer, could be a hellhole for someone working there.
Back to top Go down
AnonymousProfile
PostSubject: Re: WtB better weather   WtB better weather Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2019 10:04 pm
"Pretty sure I can deal with loud drunks, and you are really good looking, that must be a normal thing around here." Yuki said, not really caring who heard. If nothing else he had no concept of self-preservation at times. He looked the woman over again and then played a few lines from a more slow melody that he had done a few thousand times. His stupid weapon then decided to mention, luckily in his head how much better he would be if he took more time to practice just one form instead of all of them. That kind of sucked but to each their own, or in his weapon's case, to each a new personality.

Yuki thought for a moment, dealing with drunks for a few dollars more sounded easy. Plus, as long as he did not try, as in did not get into any fights that would end terribly. Then no one would be the wiser and pick up on the fact that he was, a real swordsman. He would say the same for the kid with twin blades, but that seemed a stretch when the weapon was bigger than most of his body. "So miss what brings you out to such a backwater hole in the wall? Is the food here that good, and if so what should I be ordering." Yuki said in his loud tone as his fingers continued to dance along the strings of the bass. He had been tapping for a while, to keep the notes higher but decided to go to a soft slap that was somewhere between jazz and rock for a few moments.

"Plus, does everyone in the Land of Water look like a bad ass, or is that just coincidence?" Pandering to self concept was always a good way to make friends and get information. At least, Yuki had proved so before.
Back to top Go down
AnonymousProfile
PostSubject: Re: WtB better weather   WtB better weather Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:53 am
"I can only imagine such roads for me." Deimos chuckled, imagining himself as a drunkard for a moment. It would not be a pretty sight, particularly with his physical strength. It took rigorous control to keep from breaking things, if he were to drink constantly, that control would wane and he would quickly become a danger to anything around him. "But you have a point. If the goal is to make money, any sort of bar would work well enough. The rowdier drunks do tend to get more generous with their money, but the risk may not be worth it. Depends on you really." He had never seen a violently drunk shinobi. Perhaps chakra purged the alcohol when it reached a certain level? He should look into that at some point, medicine seemed interesting. He was not sure if the man was able to fight or not, given his lack of experience with sensing chakra, but assumed he was at least able to survive a fight with a few rowdy civilians, if only because of youth. Besides, travelers tended to be stronger than their village-inhabiting counterparts. In Deimos' mind, that meant he would be fine, even in the less safe areas. Shinobi were meant to protect people, even foreigners, while inside the village anyway.

"No worries about eavesdropping, we are in public and speaking decently loud. It would be weird to assume no one would be listening." Not that it would have bothered Deimos anyway, another person meant another perspective, more to think about and more to do. "And this place is not exactly famous, but it does have pretty great shrimp, and fish. Mostly seafood." He had originally come out here because he wanted to try some seafood, as he had always been reluctant for one reason or another. He could hardly remember why, as it was with most things these days. His memory was foggy in regards to just about everything, but it meant he could experience new things more consistently than most. Yuki claiming everyone here looked like a badass made Deimos want to laugh a bit, his awareness of his own fashion blindness coming through. He was quite aware he never chose great looking clothes for himself, but he also never quite cared about such simple things. Still, Yuki had a point in regards to the woman, though Deimos swore he should know her from somewhere...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WtB better weather   WtB better weather Icon_minitime
Back to top Go down

WtB better weather

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Naruto Night RP :: Land of Water :: Water Country Exploring-