Blades before Beauty

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AnonymousProfile
PostSubject: Blades before Beauty   Blades before Beauty Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2019 12:13 am
It was humid, and hot and Akawaga Yemon hated it.  He was wearing his hiyori again and melting, if that was the correct term.  He hated the Land of Water, wait no that was kind of a lie.  Yemon just didn't like anything that didn't feel like home.  The land of Water was actually pretty cool.  The food was good because everyone was fishing and the towns were smaller.   The overall travel was better cause sweating wasn't freezing, he thought.  Though the lack of finer things was a little off, it was still a big place with enough to do and spy about that it made him happy.  He had written one set of notes home and was still now looking around for things to do and people to see for lack of better terms.

"Gotta wonder why it never seems to get cold around here, definitely nice to look at though." He said to no one in particular.  Yemon was actually talking to a voice that no one else could hear, belonging to the bass guitar he was currently playing.  The world seemed slower when he was not in the land of Iron.  Tetsu was all about getting ready and being in the next ceremony or artwork.  The rest of the world just seemed to keep on spinning.

He looked back over the beach from the small eatery he was at and continued playing a rock ballad slowly before getting up and stretching.   "Let's go find someone to piss off." The young samurai said, cackling.

Last edited by Harakita Yuki on Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AnonymousProfile
PostSubject: Re: Blades before Beauty   Blades before Beauty Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2020 4:40 pm
Jin Matsuda had just completed his mission and was heading back towards his village, he had made it to the water country with little to no trouble, only encountering some bandits he quickly defeated along the way, strolling through a nearby village, he decided to take the scenic route knowing that he was in no particular hurry to report his mission. The weather was humid and hot, something he wasn't necessarily used too as Kiri's climate was more cool and misty, but Jin was able to cope or what kind of shinobi would he be if he couldn't.

Waving at the civilians he passed along the way, he observed their daily lives with an eye only experienced shinobi had, and smiled knowing that what he did was for days like this and for the people of his country to be able to smile like they could now unlike in the past. He had been young when the war had reached its climax so he never had to participate in the horrible violence that war brought, but he was old enough to see the anguish and misery on the faces of everyone around him. Luckily it has all changed now and the country has become better since then.

Continuing his stroll, he heard a nearby cackling before bumping into someone.

"Oh, sorry bout that I wasn't watching my surroundings".
Back to top Go down
AnonymousProfile
PostSubject: Re: Blades before Beauty   Blades before Beauty Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2020 9:05 pm
"What is on your head?!" Yuki asked in a vert loud tone as he was bumped into. He was obviously confused as to how he was missed by someone with a much large frame than himself. The young samurai seemed to be gasping at straws for something to insult but had gotten virtually nowhere. So he kept on the current topic. "How long does it take to do your hair that way?!" He asked with a sort of morbid curiosity, like asking was more for an answer that someone else had that he did not.

With that he went back to looking around, and not finding another other targets for mockery, he decided to stick to this one. He did wonder about the man's build though. He didn't look like most of the people that Yuki had seen from the Land of Water. Though, Water was a hub, as long as you ignored Kiri and it's other weird magical nonsense. He was straightforward, as samurai had to be, so when Yuki was looking down the blade of a sword, a lot of times he would just mock it. Least it gave him something to do. Finally, he gave up on the hair mockery and went for the more prominent question.

"So, big dude, what's there to do around here?" He asked, figuring the other to be a local, mainly because he did not seem as nearly out of place as Yuki seemed to be. Then again, just by his name, you would think Yuki did not belong anywhere where the temperature was higher than a few degrees.
Back to top Go down
AnonymousProfile
PostSubject: Re: Blades before Beauty   Blades before Beauty Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2020 5:22 pm
Looking down at the man he had bumped into, Jin could see that he was less of a man than he was a young teen. Seeing the youth more clearly Jin could tell he was probably a few years younger than himself. The kid with spiky blond hair from what he could tell was rather blunt, and seemingly uncaring about social etiquette as the question the blond had asked processed in his mind.

"What? It's just hair kid", he said grabbing a loc and twirled it between his thumb and forefinger. Thinking on the answer to the kid's question, Jin chuckled slightly suprised that he didn't actually remeber how long it had taken to grow out as he just seemed to have always had dreads from a young age. "I guess I started them pretty early in life but I never really thought about them, I dunno probably a few years." Seeing as the answer was enough for the kid he continued on his way only to stop a short feet away as he noticed he was being followed.

Stopping in his tracks he turned around to face his tag along "um, what you doing kid? Why you following me?" He questioned raising his eyebrow in confusion at the teen behind him. His question was answered with a question. Sighing to himself the one thought that ran through his mind was how troublesome.

"Kid, I'm a shinobi I've got plenty to do now shoo, I'm pretty busy and I don't need you tagging along. Go visit one of the tourist sites around here.

Back to top Go down
AnonymousProfile
PostSubject: Re: Blades before Beauty   Blades before Beauty Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2020 6:25 pm
"Wow, a shinobi, I've never met one of those before!"  Yuki said with a mocking look.  "So do you like, speak with weird shinobi code speak, Nin Nin!"  Yuki asked with a chuckle before making a fake set of hand seals that were more like playing rock paper scissors.  "I cast fireball!"

"Stuff like that?"  Yuki asked as he looked at the older man with a grin.  He was actually going for getting some information but ninja did not make any sense to him in general so now he was back to laughing at the comment.  He wondered what kind of things such a superhuman bowl of confusion was doing.  Was he one of the illustrious Kiri swordsman, IE the people that simply wished they were as good as a Samurai, or was he the casting type of ninja that spat fireballs or shot lightning out of their hands.  "Can you make giant water splashes?  Or summon fishes for lunch?!"  Yuki asked.
Back to top Go down
AnonymousProfile
PostSubject: Re: Blades before Beauty   Blades before Beauty Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2020 4:20 pm
Giving the kid a deadpanned look, Jin was clearly not impressed with his sarcasm, "I find that hard to believe kid, but whatever and no self respecting shinobi would ever say that." Giving the kid a slight glare as he butchered a set of handseals in an attempt to mock the shinobi. "Cast fireball, that's a new one might use that actually, thanks kid".

Wondering why he was even humoring this kid, Jin knew he should have left by now but he really wasn't in a rush to see the kage. He had heard there was going to be a new kage instated but he was sure it was going to be that old coot, on the council that had it out for him since his father beat him for the promotion during the war.

"I can't summon water splashes but I can summon lighting to come strike you down if you want." Jin said with a frightening grin while focusing a bit of killing intent at the kid hoping to intimidate him a bit.
Back to top Go down
AnonymousProfile
PostSubject: Re: Blades before Beauty   Blades before Beauty Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2020 11:52 am
Yuki shrugged at the comment. He wasn't sure how to respond to the idea that ninja weren't that insane when they literally ran around in trees with their fingers screaming their abilities at the top of their lungs. He was a samurai, just keep attacking till you win. As for the summoning lightning from the sky, he doubted that too. He had never heard of something that insanely powerful. Though things like the sharingan and some other things were basically the equivalent of an entire shogunate trying to kill you.

The killing intent didn't seem to bother Yuki at all, if he could feel it. Unfortunately that was stupid, he wasn't used to being faced with someone so willing to use it like his older sister. It made him instantly noticeable as someone with combatant skills. That and his hand twitched as if about to draw some sword that didn't exist. "Oohhh scary." He mocked trying to play it off. He found his lips had nearly sub-vocalized the words to swap Airgetlam's form and he decided that he needed to avoid that. "Does that make you feel better, scaring children?"
Back to top Go down
AnonymousProfile
PostSubject: Re: Blades before Beauty   Blades before Beauty Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2020 10:42 am
Jin noticed, immediately when the kid failed to react to the killing intent projected at him, while toned down, he was still a jounin so it should have left him paralyzed in fear. He also noticed the twitch of his hand, a rather familiar twitch he himself was accustomed too, reaching for a weapon. "So kid want to tell me what you wanted again." Jin was not even more on watch than before as he concluded this kid was no ordinary kid, and had extensive training, enough that he withstood killer intent from a jounin and reacted by reaching for a weapon.

Mentally counting his own weapons and tracking where the were on his person, Jin made sure the kid was unaware that he had been made and continued treating him like a non threat. "Nah not really, kid I couldn't do it for real your only a civilian. I'm not looking to kill ya from fear. But really shinobi aren't really the best people to talk too so lightly. Jin said ignoring the kid's last comment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blades before Beauty   Blades before Beauty Icon_minitime
Back to top Go down

Blades before Beauty

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1