New Lands covered in Mist.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AnonymousProfile
PostSubject: New Lands covered in Mist.   New Lands covered in Mist. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 2:28 pm
After a couple days of carrying out arduous tasks charged to him by the higher ups of the leaf village, Machi's travels brought him to another well known hold within the great lands. The Village hidden in the Mist was one of the five great villages, known for producing some of the most savage, yet insanely skilled, contractors the world has seen. The moniker, The Bloody Mist, wasn't just something made up to add fear to those around them. No, this nickname was wasn't made by them, it was given to them. Names given to those held more truth and substance than those made by the beholder themselves. However, Machi didn't quite feel such feel threatened as of right now. It was during these times of peace and prosperity that said title was chipped away with each passing season. However, Machi being what he was, remained cautious. He kept an ever watchful eye on his new surroundings. He did so when he left the village, and remained so even when he entered the Mist Village, always staying alert. Besides, he didn't quite have much of a choice, seeing how he was the only one to be seen donning a metal Leaf shinobi emblem on his person, so far.

Machi's attire consists of a navy blue shirt with a pair of long tin brown pants. In place of the shinobi headband was a navy blue hat, which donned a thin metal sheet of metal on the front. The symbol stamped on the sheet was the leaf belonging to the leaf village. Along his shins and fore arms were thin light weight steel guards. His shoes he wore were navy blue, standard issue shinobi sandals. Along the back of his waist was a khaki weapon pouch. He also had a smaller weapon pouch strapped to the right side of his waist, which was also khaki in color.

The pass few days, Machi's body bore markings of a semi seasoned warrior. His body bore scars, not too visible due to healing, along his neck and upper arms. He gained these from the not only his travels and run ins with bandits which he skillfully evaded, but also the various missions he would receive by message of crow. He sort of liked the his his current living arrangements. He gets to see the world, complete missions while getting extra pay due to technically "living off base" so to speak. He even forgot about his parents' troubles. Out of the village, he felt he could its about do anything. But still, he has yet not committed the one act that would determine how long his career of a shinobi would last. The act of taking a life of another. He knew he would one day be put in the situation where he would have to serve as judge, jury, and executioner. He could delay it all he wants, but in the end, he would soon find himself either the herald of justice deemed justifiable by the higher ups, or the victim OF circumstance which bore from neglagence.

As he walked down the market, he feels his calfs tightening from over use. Looking around, he sees a few food vendors, restaurants too. Machi was indeed quite hunger, but couldn't quite decide what he wanted to eat, The foreign smells and the cooking styles were all so new to him. He really couldn't make a choice without second guessing himself. He figures this was all part of the culture shock.  This was when Castus would chime in, leading the group to a choice he felt that would benefit the team as a whole. Machi smirks a bit, a sweet thought. Was this homesickness he was feeling?
Back to top Go down
AnonymousProfile
PostSubject: Re: New Lands covered in Mist.   New Lands covered in Mist. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2020 6:45 pm
Jin Daniels jounin extraordinaire if he did say so himself, clad in the hidden mist shinobi attire he looked the part of a deadly assassin capable of killing you before you even blinked. He had faced off against multiple enemies all aiming for his head, and he had triumphed over them with skill and style so please tell him why he was now being degraded in having to run around doing what were basically D-ranked missions due to some foreign shinobi being in the village.

"Today is just not my day." Jin mumbled to himself as he missed the energetic dog by mere inches causing him to fall onto the water of the hot springs, luckily for him it was the men's side so apart from some chuckles and a few angered yells he was fine and made it out of there and onto the dogs trail once again with relative ease. Following after the dog out of hell as he had come to dub it, he found that the dog had ran straight at a foreign shinobi, a young one at that. Jin slowed down his approach, watching the dog run around the lightly tanned and dark haired boy.

Deciding he may as well swoop in and grab the dog now seeing as it was distracted Jin went for it with a leap he snatched the dog from the ground and held it close to his chest making sure to keep the dogs teeth away from his body as well as its paws.

"Heh, thanks Kid you made this a lot easier for me since you were able to distract the dog, Kami knows how long I've been chasing the damned thing.
Back to top Go down
AnonymousProfile
PostSubject: Re: New Lands covered in Mist.   New Lands covered in Mist. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2020 4:43 pm
The loud sound went off like an explosive tag. To those that had never heard a firearm, it would sound like they were under attack. To those nearby, but not close, a rattle of popping sounds went off as the hammer clambered down on the primer of the shot. Harakita Yuki was good at practicing. He kept firing at a tree he had marked with a firm X from an earlier point in time. After the sixth shot, the sounds vanished as Yuki waved his hand and the revolver broke open, ejecting a set of spent cartridges that he picked up and put in his pocket before replacing them and snapping the action closed.

"I like mine with lettuce and tomato, big kosher pickle and french fried potatoes." He sang to himself with a devilish grin as he looked around and heard a dog. "The hell?" He asked to no one in particular as he shifted and looked around the forest. The sound came from a distance away, and he wouldn't have heard it if he had kept on firing. With a crack of his knuckles, and a single activating word, the revolver shifted into a bass guitar and he started walking towards the sounds. "Who hangs out out here?" He asked with a cackle.
Back to top Go down
AnonymousProfile
PostSubject: Re: New Lands covered in Mist.   New Lands covered in Mist. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2020 5:41 pm
As our young fellow shinobi continued pondering on about his food options, suddenly loud noises began to sound off in the background. Machi immediately dipped down slightly as he looked around his environment after each shot went off after another, wondering just what was going on with a concerned face. Surprisingly to him, most of the villagers didn't mind it, as they all continued minding their own business. If there was ever a way to expose a tourist from a local, this was it. Machi's impression of people from the Mist village started to take shape, painting a somewhat clear picture. He didn't want to label them with adjectives, especially sense he really hasn't spoken with one of the peculiar locals yet. Machi wasn't one for enforcing stereotypes, however, he does make it a habit of picking up on certain cultural habits. Although he was quite new to the area, macho new that he was acting as a representative of his village. No matter his rank, his actions spoke not only for his himself, but also for his home village. Being culturally insensitive definitely wouldn't be good on many levels.

Moments later, Machi soon caught the attention of a highly energetic hound. He didn't know why his mind immediately fell back on familiar thoughts pertaining to Castus' dog, his dog behaved quite different from the one arriving on the scene. Perhaps it was because of the uncomfortably feeling he always felt when being around dogs. He stomach tensed a little, wondering if the rushing hound was going to try and bite him. Machi always was a little wary of dogs. Fortunately, the concerned boy was saved by nearby person, a person who held quite a high ranking within the village. Of course, Machi didn't know that yet. Before he spoke, he took a moment in taking in the features of the dark skinned man. Like his hair for instance, Machi has never seen hair styles like that before. "Hello Sir, and uh, sure no problem", Machi finished with an uneasy face with a bit of heavy spaced out chuckles. It was really he who saved Machi from freaking out from the dog. Keeping it formal, he continued after collecting himself. Nevertheless, his gaze trained on the man before him, stayed alert of the dog ever so often. "I'm Machi Jun, I'm from the leaf village. This place..., it's quite different. Not that it's bad or anything, I've never been exposed to any of this before"

"What do you think of the mist?", he asked casually.
Back to top Go down
AnonymousProfile
PostSubject: Re: New Lands covered in Mist.   New Lands covered in Mist. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2020 10:33 am
Hey none of that sir crap kid, I'm not one for formalities call me Jin or Matsuda if you have trouble with that, and it's nice to meet ya Jun. Jin said with a grin, *Ah see he's part of the team from the leaf village, ah what were they here for again. Damn I guess this is what Hitomi meant by not paying attention, can't believe I forgot.*

"The team from leaf huh, well enjoy your stay in Mist kid, I've been to leaf a few times myself, don't know how you guys deal with the heat. I am more comfortable with the climate here in Mist. He said noticing the slightly lost demeanour of a kid who was overwhelmed. *Heh, I was pretty much the same the first time I left the village too.* He was brought out of his thoughts by Jun's question, "Huh? What I think about Mist. Well, the mist is my home ya know, don't think I could live anywhere else. And it's gotten so much better the last few years, the people are smiling more and more it's great to see that even though we don't normally get publicly acknowledged for out sacrifices we get to see it when we see a kid running around and having fun or a family enjoying themselves together.
Back to top Go down
AnonymousProfile
PostSubject: Re: New Lands covered in Mist.   New Lands covered in Mist. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2020 5:37 pm
Both of Machi's shoulder rose while smirking, his gaze wondering off to the side from Matsuda's remark about the warm climate of the Leaf village. Indeed, it did get a little hot during some parts of the year in the Leaf village, but the village did go through all four seasons. As he continued listening to, Matsuda, taking note to drop the formalities when addressing him from now on, his attention peaked. Returning to his casual pose, he speaks. "You're right about that..., Matsuda", he struggles for a moment. Machi was so used to being formal, that being informal was as hard as most other people trying to be formal. "The Mist is getting better and better. When I was in the academy, my Instructor told me once that majority of the swordsman in the world came from the Iron, Cloud, or Mist Country. But, it was the people that were from the Mist that were of the highest caliber, the samurai up north came in close second. That's actually why I came here, to meet one of the strongest swordsmen in the Mist", Machi stomach began to rumble abruptly. The encounter with the tall dreaded man made him forget about his hunger.

"Sorry for being a bit needy, Matsuda. But do you know a place that has some good food? A place where..., it's not too expensive?", his face was mixed with an ounce of shame asking like so. Machi never liked to inconvenience someone, in any case. He figured since he was chasing the dog, he might have been doing something important before. Nevertheless, he would be thankful if Matsuda  helped him out. "Also, if I am holding you up, I'm sorry."
Back to top Go down
AnonymousProfile
PostSubject: Re: New Lands covered in Mist.   New Lands covered in Mist. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 5:56 pm
Oh, your looking for the strongest swordsmen?" Jin repeated with a chuckle. "Guess your in luck then, cause I'm one of the best if I do say so myself. How bout I show you some moves. He said with a proud smirk.

"Let's get some food in our bellies and get to work, it's not the best to train on an empty stomach you know." Jin said as he walked towards the closest restuarant. "Hope you're alright with ramen kid"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Lands covered in Mist.   New Lands covered in Mist. Icon_minitime
Back to top Go down

New Lands covered in Mist.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1